Are you interested to bake homemade biscuits? Kept in mind, that in baking don’t rush ahead with ingredients that are not the right temperature.
Baking is an art and it is also a way to get relief from your daily stresses, if you enjoy it while doing. Cooking can be an incredible field in which to explore. Without a doubt, there are plenty of recipes, but you don’t always have to stick to the guidelines a spot of this, a sprinkle of that, a little taste test, and there’s supper.
Baking, on the other hand, is a science and a bit stricter. It requires exactness and proper measurements. Descriptions and ingredients are given for a reason, and only when following them you will achieve the specific results. Also, be patient with bake times, rising time and cooling time for desire results.
Homemade Biscuits without Oven
Biscuits are the most popular snack among kids and adults. Everyone loves to eat biscuits with a cup of tea on daily basis, especially the chocolate one tastes delicious. Biscuits are available in a variety of shapes, colors, and flavors. You can also make bakery-style biscuits at home without an oven and get the same as bakery taste. Here are a few recipes but before this, we should know how to bake without an oven.
Different Ways for Baking without Oven
- Bake in a Pressure Cooker
It’s a very simple and quick method for baking homemade biscuits without an oven, as the cooker is available in every home. You need to fill about an inch of the pressure cooker with some sand, salt, or pebble and then place a stand inside to keep the baking pan on it. Cover the lid of the pressure cooker without whistle and preheat for 20min at least and place your desire item like cake or biscuits in it. You can bake supper quality items in this way.
- Bake in a large pan
This method works the same as an oven or pressure cooker baking. However, it comes handy for those who do not have a pressure cooker at home but still want to bake delicious biscuits or cake. Put some salt into a large pot and then place a stand on it. After preheating for about 15-20 minutes, you can set the baking pan inside and then cover it with any plate. The taste will be the same as in the oven or cooker.
Tips for baking without an Oven
- Choose refined floor over regular floor
There is a lot of difference between refined flour and regular flour, especially in terms of texture. As compared to the regular floor, the refined flour is much finer and has a low protein content. It helps to make your homemade biscuits smoother due to its light and soft texture. You can also identify the difference between both by its color, though it’s too minor but gave quality to your homemade biscuits.
- Slow cooking is important too
Slow cooking is the key feature when you are baking without an oven. The oven provides heat evenly to the item and hence baking is done to perfection. However, this is not possible in a cooker or a pot. This is why you need to slow cook the biscuits or cake to make sure it baked evenly, and also gives time to let the heat spread evenly in the pan.
- Use Aluminum foil
After baking is done and you want to put out your baking pan from the pressure cooker or pot, it makes your hands burn. To prevent this you can make handles of aluminum foil
- Use a sufficiently big Pot or Pressure cooker
For perfect baking, you must have a pan or cooker 4 liters in size. A big utensil would be ideal as it gives proper space for baking and spreads the heat equally inside the pot.
- Pre- heating the cooker
Keep in mind that preheating is a key factor no matter you are baking in an oven or without an oven. Preheating the utensil for 15-20 minutes ensures that the heat is spread evenly inside the cooker and your biscuits go inside a moderately hot utensil rather than start cold. This also ensures that it baked evenly from all sides.
How to made homemade Nankhatai?
You are so going to love this recipe of baking biscuits without oven. The best part about it is that despite not being baked in an oven, it remains super crispy and quite delicious to eat too. Try this delicious homemade biscuits recipe in a cooker or pan and enjoy it with your family.
- 1 cup or 128g Refined flour (Maida)
- ½ cup or 60g Gram flour (Besan)
- 2 tablespoons semolina (Suji)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ or 120 ml butter or ghee
- ½ teaspoon Cardamom powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 cup fine sugar
(All ingredients should be at room temperature)
Tip: Preheat your pan or cooker for 15 minutes on medium flame then bake for 15 to 20 minutes on low medium flame for better results.
- Sieve all dry ingredients to avoid any lump (you may change the proportion of Gram flour, semolina, and refined flour as per your preference.
- Add a pinch of salt which enhance the sweetness of the biscuit
- Mix salt and other dry ingredients well
- Now add butter or ghee in it
- Knead it softly to make a dough. If your dough is dry, you can add little more butter or ghee in it and make a soft fine dough
- Now add Cardamom powder and mix well in the dough
- Take any dish and grease with butter or ghee
- Take some dough and make balls of your preferred size.
- Make a little depression by the help of finger and add dry fruits
- For a good color, you can give it an egg white wash on a top of the biscuit
How to make Chocolate chip Biscuits/cookies?
- ½ cup of sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ refined floor
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 3-4 ounce milk or semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- Dark chocolate chunks as per your requirement
- Take a bowl whisk sugar, salt, and butter together until a smooth runny paste is formed without lumps.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla, beating until light ribbons fall off the whisk.
- Transfer in the flour and baking soda, then fold the mixture with a spatula, being careful not to overmix. This will cause the protein in the flour to toughen which results harden the biscuits.
- Rest the dough for at least 20 minutes after folding chocolate chunks in it evenly. Chill the dough overnight for more intense flavor and deeper color. The longer the dough rests, the more delicious its flavor will be.
- Take a scoop of the dough with help of any measuring spoon and put it onto a baking sheet, leaving at least 3 inches space between biscuits and 2 inches of space from the sides of the pan so that the biscuits can spread evenly.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the edges have started to a golden brown.
- Cool completely, and enjoy!